TOPIC OF ARC7
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call for action to shape a better future for all. Universities have a key responsibility to tackle complex societal challenges of our times, manifested in these Goals. ARC invites Asian and European higher education and student leaders to share how their organisations contribute to policy development and take action towards the Agenda 2030 and to get inspiration from their peers’ strategies.
ARC7 offers a creative space for knowledge exchange on implementing a whole-of-institution approach on sustainable development, teaching the next generation of leaders and thinkers to act sustainably and ethically; conducting research that leads to positive change in our world; and engaging communities outside the walls of academia. The conference also explores how university and student leaders from Asia and Europe can work together towards a “future we want”.
ARC7 explores how higher education can take action towards achieving the sustainable development goals on three different levels:
- Taking action at home— SDGs as Core Pillars of University Governance
- Taking action at community level— SDGs as Drivers of University Social Impact
- Taking action at the international level — SDGs as a Catalyst to Reorient Internationalisation
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE OF ARC7
The 7th ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Student’s Forum (ARC7) is co-organised by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) and the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA) with the support of the Romanian Ministry of National Education, between 11-15 May 2019 in Bucharest, Romania.
The ARC7 Students’ Forum | 11–15 May 2019
- 5-week Online Preparatory Phase with webinars, individual and team tasks
- 3-day Students’ Forum and joint ventures sessions with the Rectors’ Conference
- Plenary and working group sessions, skills trainings, and study visits
The ARC7 Rectors’ Conference | 12-14 May 2019
- 2-day Rectors’ Conference and joint sessions with the Students’ Forum
- Thought-provocative panel discussions and interactive working group sessions
ARC7 will be held in conjunction with the 7th Asia-Europe Meeting of Ministers for Education (15-16 May 2019, Bucharest, Romania) and participants will have the chance to meet senior officials and education ministers of 51 Asian and European ASEM partner countries.
ARC7 CONFERENCE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
We are proud that ARC7 is co-designed and intellectually supported by major university and student associations of Asia and Europe: ASEAN University Network (AUN); European University Association (EUA); International Association of Universities (IAU); Erasmus Student Network (ESN), European Students’ Union (ESU) and the Erasmus Mundus Students and Alumni Association (EMA).
- Ms Leonie NAGARAJAN, Director, Education Department, Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
- Prof Remus PRICOPIE, Rector, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA)
- Dr Choltis DHIRATHITI, Executive Director, ASEAN University Network (AUN);
- Prof Pam FREDMAN, President, International Association of Universities (IAU);
- Mr Michael GAEBEL, Director, Higher Education Policy Unit, European University Association (EUA);
- Ms Katrina KOPPEL, Vice-President, European Students’ Union (ESU);
- Mr Joao PINTO, President, Erasmus Student Network (ESN);
- Ms Hilligje VAN’T LAND, Secretary General, International Association of Universities (IAU);
- Ms Lucia LOPOSOVA; Vice-President, Erasmus Mundus Students and Alumni Association (EMA);
- Ms Thérèse ZHANG PULKOWSKI, Deputy Director, Higher Education Policy Unit, European University Association (EUA).